OUR ITINERARY **NEW, REVISED AND UP TO DATE**

  • If we're going to be in your city and you want to get together for a cup of coffee, leave a message at our hotel, or send me an email ahead of time at shakos@sympatico.ca - we'll try to rendezvous with you. That would be great fun!
  • Sat. Oct. 20 - Arrive in Christchurch, New Zealand and stay at the Copthorne Central Hotel, phone 03 379 5880.
  • Mon. Oct. 22 - TranzAlpine Train ride to Franz Josef, staying at the Franz Josef Glacier Hotel, phone 03 752 0729.
  • Tues. Oct. 23 - Queenstown, staying at the Novotel Gardens, phone 03 442 7750.
  • Thurs. Oct. 25 - Te Anau, staying at the Village Inn, phone 03-249 7911.
  • Fri. Oct. 26 - Dunedin, staying at the Dunedin City Hotel, phone 03 470 1470. Hope to meet Chris Davies for coffee while we're there.
  • Sat. Oct. 27 - Mount Cook National Park, staying at The Hermitage Hotel, phone 03 435 1809.
  • Sun. Oct. 28 - Back at the Copthorne Central Hotel in Christchurch, phone 03 379 5580 till Oct. 30th. We'll then take the ferry to the North Island and stay with Beulah from Oct. 30th, till November 5th.
  • Mon. Nov. 5 - Pick up a car for a self-drive tour to Auckland. (Biting my nails as you guys drive on the wrong side of the road - giggle). Stay at the Lakeland Resort, Taupo, phone 07 378 3893 on the 5th, and at the Heritage Rotorua on the 6th and 7th, phone 07 348 1189.
  • Thurs. Nov. 8 - Arrive in Auckland and stay with Lizzie and her husband John. I've promised to teach an ink and oil rouging design for Lizzie while I'm there.
  • Mon. Nov. 12 - It's all over but the curtain calls. Fly from Auckland back to Los Angeles, where we will stay a week with my aunt. A good chance to shake off some of the jet lag.
  • Sun. Nov. 18 - Back in Canada. All good things have to come to an end. The memories, however, will last a lifetime.

Friday, October 26, 2007

Oct. 26th - Sorry Folks

Everything has been conspiring to prevent me from keeping our blog up to date. We're having a fantastic time, and I'm sorry not to have been able to share more of it with you.

First, we did't bring along our ethernet cable, and some hotels didn't provide one - so no internet hookup for us. Then we left our power converter 110/220 behind in one of the hotel rooms and had to wait for about 10 days for it to be mailed to us - again no internet hookup. Some nights I was just too dad-blamed tired to turn on the computer. We had hoped to be able to use a friend's computer and access the internet using our flash memory stick, but it wasn't compatible with her computer - starting to see a pattern here? One night I was able to get on the internet at the hotel and was able to add a little narrative to the blog - but blogger was having trouble and I couldn't upload pictures. Then the next hotel didn't have in-room internet. I tried again tonight - figured I'd start by answering some emails - they all got lost in outspace some place and couldn't be retrieved and it doesn't look like they've been sent - so if you expected a reply from me - it's out there circling overhead in cyberspace.

Can you tell I'm a little frustrated with the whole process at the moment?

I'll try again when we get to Christchurch in a couple of days. Otherwise it will have to wait until I get home. Then I will at least post some of the pictures of this amazing trip. In the meantime thanks for having checked what blog I was able to publish.

2 comments:

Helen Christy said...

Sharon: I have tried to email you about the Christmas luncheon at the guild. I am responsible for the entertainment & it was suggested that you might show slides or talk on your trip to Australia & maybe tell about folk art there. I know everyone would love to hear what you and your hubby have been up to while away...of course you are behaving! Please let me know soon so I can plan. By the way, your blog is awsome! Barb Brown has been following your every move & encouraged us to do so. Thanks in advance....Helen Christy

Connie Melnyk said...

Hello again, Sharon and husband. I'm so sorry you are having a rough time posting to your blog, but we are eating up any tidbits thrown our way. You sound like you are having such a wonderful time, and I'm sure it is exhausting traveling for such a long stretch. Enjoy the remainder of your trip, and we look forward to your safe return to North America...Connie Melnyk, Brush Bunch